Loop Hero, developed by Four Quarters and published by Devolver Digital, has captivated the hearts of players with its unique blend of roguelike, deckbuilding, and auto-battler gameplay. One of the essential aspects of the game is collecting various materials to upgrade your camp, unlock new cards, and progress through the game. In this in-depth guide, we will explore the different materials available in Loop Hero, how to obtain them, and the best strategies to maximize your material gains.
In Loop Hero, materials are used for constructing and upgrading buildings in your camp, as well as for crafting and upgrading equipment. There are numerous materials, each with a specific purpose. The primary materials include:
- Stable Wood
- Preserved Wood
- Stable Metal
- Preserved Metal
- Food Supply
- Astral Orb
- Noticeable Change
- Book of Memories
- Orb of Expansion
Materials can be obtained through various means, such as enemy drops, tile transformations, and building production. Here’s how you can get each of the main materials:
- Stable Wood and Preserved Wood:
- Dropped by enemies in the Forest and Grove biomes.
- Obtained by placing Forest, Thicket, Grove, or Blood Grove tiles on the map.
- Produced by the Lumberjack in your camp.
- Stable Metal and Preserved Metal:
- Dropped by enemies in the Rock and Mountain biomes.
- Obtained by placing Rock, Mountain, or Mountain Peak tiles on the map.
- Produced by the Smelter in your camp.
- Food Supply and Rations:
- Dropped by enemies in the Meadow and Cemetery biomes.
- Obtained by placing Meadow, Blooming Meadow, Cemetery, or Ruins tiles on the map.
- Produced by the Farm in your camp.
- Dropped by shapeshifting enemies, such as the Flesh Golem.
- Obtained by placing the Village, Overgrown Field, or A Village? tiles on the map.
- Astral Orb:
- Dropped by cosmic-type enemies, such as the Watcher or the Cosmic Mage.
- Obtained by placing the Temporal Beacon, Hungry Grove, or Abandoned Bookery tiles on the map.
- Noticeable Change:
- Dropped by enemies in the Desert and Sand Dune biomes.
- Obtained by placing Desert, Sand Dune, or Oasis tiles on the map.
- Book of Memories:
- Dropped by mage-type enemies, such as the Skeleton Mage or the Blood Mage.
- Obtained by placing the Library or the Bookery tiles on the map.
- Orb of Expansion:
- Dropped by enemies in battles involving five or more enemies.
- Obtained by placing tiles that spawn multiple enemies, such as the Spider Cocoon or the Goblin Camp.
Maximizing Material Gains
To maximize your material gains in Loop Hero, consider the following strategies:
- Build a balanced loop: Ensure that your loop has a mix of different biomes to encounter a variety of enemy types and increase the chances of obtaining different materials.
- Focus on specific biomes: If you need specific materials, focus on the corresponding biomes and enemy types. For example, if you need more Stable Metal, concentrate on placing more Rock and Mountain tiles.
- Optimize your camp: Build and upgrade the necessary buildings in your camp, such as the Lumberjack, Smelter, and Farm, to passively produce materials while you are out on expeditions.
- Utilize synergy cards: Use cards that have synergies with specific biomes or enemies to increase the chances of material drops. For example, placing the Blood Grove tile near a Grove will increase the chances of getting wood-related materials.
- Manage your inventory: Keep an eye on your inventory space, as it is limited. You will need to choose which materials to keep and which to discard. Prioritize the materials required for your current goals, and consider upgrading your camp to increase storage capacity.
- Adjust the game difficulty: Higher difficulty levels yield better rewards but also pose more significant challenges. If you feel confident in your abilities, increasing the difficulty can lead to more material drops from enemies.
- Experiment with different classes: Loop Hero features three playable classes – Warrior, Rogue, and Necromancer. Each class has unique abilities and playstyles that can affect the type and quantity of materials you obtain. Experiment with different classes to find the one that best suits your material farming needs.
Collecting materials is a crucial part of Loop Hero’s gameplay, as it enables you to upgrade your camp, unlock new cards, and craft powerful equipment. Understanding the different materials, how to obtain them, and employing the strategies mentioned above will help you maximize your gains and progress through the game more efficiently. Remember to balance your loop, focus on specific biomes when needed, and optimize your camp to ensure a steady flow of materials. Happy looping!