Introduction: What are cadet branches in CK3?
Cadet branches are a new feature in Crusader Kings III that allow players to create a new branch of their dynasty, separate from the main line of succession. These branches can have their own unique coat of arms, and members of the branch can gain new traits and abilities over time. But what exactly are cadet branches, and how can you create one? Read on to find out!
- Cadet branches are a way to create a new line of your dynasty
- They can have their own coat of arms and unique traits
- They are separate from the main line of succession
- They add a new layer of complexity to CK3 gameplay
How to create a cadet branch in CK3?
Creating a cadet branch in CK3 is relatively simple, and can be done by any ruler who has at least one adult child. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on your character portrait to open the character menu
- Click on the "Dynasty" tab at the bottom of the menu
- Click on the "Cadet Branch" button in the top-left corner of the screen
- If you have at least one adult child, you can select them as the founder of the new branch
- Choose a name and coat of arms for your new branch
- Click "Create" to finalize your new cadet branch
Once you’ve created a cadet branch, you can start playing as its ruler, or continue playing as the main line of succession.
- Click on your character portrait
- Click on the "Dynasty" tab
- Click on the "Cadet Branch" button
- Select an adult child as the founder
- Choose a name and coat of arms
- Click "Create"
Benefits of having a cadet branch in CK3?
There are several benefits to having a cadet branch in CK3. For one, it allows you to expand your dynasty’s influence without diluting the main line of succession. Members of the cadet branch can also gain unique traits and abilities over time, which can make them more effective rulers or warriors. Additionally, having multiple branches of your dynasty can make it easier to secure alliances with other rulers or dynasties.
- Expand your dynasty’s influence
- Unique traits and abilities for members
- Easier to secure alliances with other rulers
- Can help you maintain control over your realm
Managing your cadet branch in CK3
Once you’ve created a cadet branch, you’ll need to manage it just like any other part of your realm. This means ensuring that the ruler is capable and loyal, and that the branch has access to sufficient resources, such as troops and gold. You may also need to help the branch expand its territory or defend against external threats.
- Manage the ruler
- Ensure access to resources
- Help expand territory
- Defend against external threats
Examples of famous dynasties with cadet branches in history
Cadet branches have been a feature of real-life dynasties for centuries. One famous example is the House of Habsburg, which had several cadet branches throughout its history. Another is the House of Bourbon, which had cadet branches in Spain, Italy, and elsewhere. These branches often played important roles in European politics and warfare, and continue to be remembered today for their contributions to history.
- House of Habsburg
- House of Bourbon
- Many other dynasties throughout history
Conclusion: Start your own cadet branch in CK3!
Whether you’re a seasoned CK3 player or a newcomer to the series, creating a cadet branch is a fun and rewarding way to expand your dynasty’s influence. With their own unique traits and abilities, cadet branch members can be valuable assets in your quest for power and glory. So why not give it a try? Who knows – your new branch of the family might just become the stuff of legend!